“This Cookies and Cream Cake is what dreams are made of.” – Tessa Huff
That is exactly what I was thinking before I read the short story before the recipe of this cake!
Now, if you are following along you will notice that I skipped a number. The next cake should have been the Red Currant Chocolate Cake, but with the time of year it is red currants are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! Trust me, I tried! I called every grocery store within a 50 mile radius of my house and they all said the same thing. SO, we will be coming back to that shortly.
This was another cake that had someone calling dibs on it before I even made it! My massage therapist and dear friend needed a cake for her sons birthday and I was so happy to be able to be of service to her! We did transform the cake a little bit to better fit the occasion, and I think I love it even more after the changes!
A Cookies and Cream Cake mixed with Paw Patrol?! Forget about it! (I might be spending to much time at work, surrounded by Italians)
This cake was a dream to make! So let’s get into it!
Small Classic Chocolate Cake
- Once again, this is the staple chocolate cake through this book. And for good reason!
- Light, moist, good crumb structure, and yummy! My fiancé loves these cake scraps!
White Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
- I loved this frosting! It came out very creamy and smooth and had the perfect consistency to smooth in between the layers of cake.
- My fiancé and I had a little taste and we both loved it! Not overly sweet, but still had a sweetness to balance with the cake.
- To finish the outside with the cookies and cream look, you use the same frosting for the outside; you just add crushed cookies to the remaining in the bowl!
- I tried crushing the cookies in a ziplock but it kept getting holes in them. So I just put the somewhat crushed cookies in the mixing bowl with the frosting and mixed it for about 3-4 minutes to let the paddle crush them. Less work for you!
Overall, I love this cake! I 100% see myself making this cake again! I might have to alter it a lot to make it gluten free and possibly vegan, for family members, but I will be making this cake again and I do recommend trying this one out!
Just one more picture with the finished decorations because I’m obsessed with how cute this cake came out for the birthday boy!